"Cossa xe... the 2D Ising model (and why are we still talking about it)?"

Rafael Torres rtorres at sissa.it
Tue Apr 6 08:20:34 CEST 2021

Cossa xe... the two-dimensional Ising model (and why are we still
talking about it? - April 9th, 2021 at 11:00 am.

Speaker: Dr. Rafael Greenblatt

Abstract: The two-dimensional Ising model is probably the most
thoroughly studied model in statistical mechanics, but it continues to
yield new results. I will discuss results from the last ten years about
conformal invariance and the relationship of the (solvable) Ising model
to similar (nonsolvable) models, and the open problems at the
intersection of these two areas.

Sujet : Cossa xe...the two-dimensional Ising model (and why are we still
talking about it)?
Heure : 9 avr. 2021 11:00 AM Rome