Geometric Structures - Eugenii Shustin - April 6 - 4:15 pm (Rome Time)

Miruna - Stefana Sorea mirunastefana.sorea at sissa.it
Sun Apr 4 11:47:41 CEST 2021

Dear All,

This is to announce the next seminar from the series "Geometric
Structures".

Speaker: EUGENII SHUSTIN [1] ( [1]Tel-Aviv University [1]) [1]

Title: Expressive geometry

Time: April 6, 2021, 4:15 pm (Rome Time)

Venue: from remote only, on zoom at this link
https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/85675591787?pwd=TUo2VXpmcEhOU1paRzBXUWp2MU1odz09
[2]
Passcode: geometry

Abstract:

We review two so-called expressive models, morsifications of real plane
curve singularities introduced in 70s by A'Campo and Gusein-Zade, and
real affine expressive curves. These models are characterized by the
property that their underlining polynomial has the smallest number of
critical points allowed by the topology of the real point set. The
classification of these objects is tightly related to the mutational
equivalence of the corresponding quivers (which in turn naturally appear
in the theory of cluster algebras). We discuss various problems in the
geometry of morsifications and expressive curves, including related
objects like planar divides, links of singularities and links of curves
at infinity, combinatorics of quivers. Based on joint works with S.
Fomin, P. Pylyavskyy, D. Thurston.

More information can be found here:
https://sites.google.com/view/geometric-structures/ [3]

Everyone is welcome!