Andreas' Bernig online Colloquium: "The Weyl principle in pseudo-riemannian geometry"

Antonio Lerario lerario at sissa.it
Fri May 15 21:39:39 CEST 2020

Dear all,

this is to announce our next seminar from the SISSA Mathematical Glimpses,
the mathematical online colloquia hosted by our department:

Speaker: Andreas Bernig (Frankfurt)
Title: The Weyl principle in pseudo-riemannian geometry Date and venue: May
20 at 4pm,  https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/94656897571
Meeting ID: 946 5689 7571

Abstract: The classical Weyl principle states that the coefficients of the
volume of a tube around a compact submanifold in euclidean space are
invariants of the intrinsic metric. Using the language of valuations and
curvature measures on manifolds, they give rise to the intrinsic volumes
and Lipschitz-Killing curvature measures. In a recent joint work with
D.Faifman (Montreal) and G. Solanes (Barcelona) we extend the theory to
pseudo-riemannian manifolds and more generally to signature changing
metrics, where we prove a generalization of the Weyl principle.

You can find the list of the forthcoming talk of this series at this link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IoYznrVQR-rrjvrjtJkl5catZZqIFV6Zo9_BdlxZSiw/edit#gid=0

See you online!
Antonio

--