QLS guest webinar - Thursday, 25 June at 14:00 (CET)

qls at ictp.it qls at ictp.it
Tue Jun 23 08:46:22 CEST 2020

Dear All,

On Thursday, 25 June at 14:00(CET), Alexander Cherevko, Lavrentyev Institute of Hydrodynamics, Novosibirsk, Russia, will give a webinar titled

"Simple equation describing brain hemodynamics"

Abstract:

The study of blood flow in the vicinity of cerebral vascular pathologies is important both from
an applied and from a scientific point of view. The main characteristics of blood flow are the dependence
of velocity and pressure on time. Currently, the dependence of velocity on time can be
measured by various methods (for example, ultrasound). But, currently non-invasive pressure measurement
is impossible. In my talk I will present a mathematical model of blood flow, which allows for
a particular patient to restore the dependence of pressure on time by the dependence of velocity
on time. To build the model under study, clinical data on the pressure and velocity of blood flow in
the vessels of the brain in the vicinity of the pathology obtained during neurosurgical operations are
used. The model is a nonlinear ordinary differential equation, the coefficients of which are determined
by clinical data. We study equation's properties as well as a correlation of equation properties and pathologies properties.

Indico webpage:http://indico.ictp.it/event/9411/

Zoom meeting ID to attend the online seminar: 475-819-702
Join Zoom Meeting:https://zoom.us/j/475819702
*If you haven't registered for previous QLS webinars, please write to
qls at ictp.it to request the PASSWORD and access the zoom meeting *

Kind regards,

Erica

Erica Sarnataro
Group Secretary
Quantitative Life Sciences
The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP)
Trieste,  Italy
Tel. +39-040-2240623
www.ictp.it/research/qls.aspx
e-mail:qls at ictp.it