ICTP Math Associates Seminar (Zoom Meeting) - Thursday 25 June, at 14:00 (Camilo Arias Abad)

ICTP/math - Mabilo Koutou math at ictp.it
Thu Jun 18 10:50:55 CEST 2020

Math Associates Seminar:

Title: Singular chains on Lie groups and the Cartan relations

Speaker: Camilo Arias Abad (Universidad Nacional de Colombia en Medellin)
https://sites.google.com/a/unal.edu.co/camilo-arias-abad/home?authuser=0

Starts 25 Jun 2020 14:00
Ends 25 Jun 2020 15:00
Central European Time

Zoom Meeting
Please register in advance for this meeting:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwrcu6hrjwvGd3rxgA4UpjhJI5Cpd8v-XZs
After registration, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the meeting

Abstract:  Let G be a simply connected lie group. We denote by C(G) the
differential graded Hopf algebra of smooth singular chains on G. We will
explain how the category of representations of C(G) can be described
infinitesimally in terms of representations of the differential graded Lie
algebra Tg, which is universal for the Cartan relations. We will also
explain how this correspondence is related to Chern-Weil theory and higher
local systems on the classifying space BG.
This talk is based on joint work with Alexander Quintero Vélez.