(CANCELLED) ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Tuesday 25 February, at 16:00 (Dominic Bunnett)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon Feb 24 10:18:46 CET 2020

PLEASE NOTE, ALL SEMINARS AND ACTIVITIES AT ICTP HAVE BEEN CANCELLED,
FOR ONE WEEK. THIS IS A PRECAUTIONARY MEASURE IN REGARD TO CORONAVIRUS
------

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2020

Tuesday 25 February, at 16:00 hrs.

Speaker: Dominic Bunnett (TU, Berlin)

Title: Moduli of low degree del Pezzo surfaces and stratifications

Abstract: In this talk we discuss new constructions via non-reductive
GIT of del Pezzo surfaces of degree 1 and 2 coming from the description
as surfaces in weighted projective 3-folds. For degrees 1, 2 and 3 we
discuss stratifications coming from GIT and compare these with geometric
stratifications given by singularity type.

VENUE:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)

http://indico.ictp.it/event/9330/