20th International Workshop on Computational Physics and Materials Science: Total Energy and Force Methods (23 - 25 February 2021)

ICTP/smr3554 - Lvova Viktoriya smr3554 at ictp.it
Tue Dec 22 12:09:42 CET 2020

Dear All,

The call for applications is open for talks and posters contributions to
"International Workshop on Computational Physics and Materials Science:
Total Energy and Force Methods", to be held on-line with the technical
support of the International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) on
23-25 February, 2021. The event will indicatively take place from 2 pm
to 5 pm, Central European Time, to allow participation from many time
zones. Beside three plenary talks by Michele Parrinello, Nicola Spaldin,
and Alex Zunger, we plan to have 12 contributed talks, to be chosen
among the applications, and 2 poster sessions.

*Deadline for the applications for talks and posters is January 15, and
7 February for participation.*

The link to apply is here:
http://indico.ictp.it/event/9510/

The Workshop is organized by Francesco Mauri (Universita` la Sapienza,
Rome), Tanusri Saha-Dasgupta (S.N. Bose National Centre, Kolkata), and
Nicola Seriani (ICTP).

The “Total Energy” Workshop has been held traditionally in Trieste every
two years since 1987. The aim is a critical discussion of methods and of
possible combinations and challenging applications. It has become one of
the most popular regular events of the international ab-initio
electronic structure community. This event also has the ambition to
reach out to countries where the electronic structure community is not
traditionally as strong as in Europe, the USA and Japan, in coherence
with the missions of its traditional host institution, the ICTP.

In these strange times, it is important to keep our community together
and to continue to exchange information on exciting developments in our
field. For this reason, we decided to opt for an on-line “micro” version
of the workshop, which has been for decades an essential place for
meeting and discussion.

On behalf of the Organizing Committee
Nicola Seriani
ICTP

--
Viktoriya Lvova (Ms)
SMR3554 - Secretariat
20th International Workshop on Computational Physics and Materials Science: Total Energy and Force Methods
(23 - 25 February 2021)

ICTP - The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics
Strada Costiera 11
I-34151 Trieste
Italy

Phone: +39 040 2240 135 (ext. 135)