What's new on the EC's Research and Innovation website

Susanne Henningsen hennings at ictp.it
Tue Dec 15 10:04:24 CET 2020

read on-line version
<https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/rtd/newsletter-specific-archive-issue.cfm?newsletter_service_id=1325&lang=en>
| ISSN 2599-9222

  Research and Innovation

    What's new

European Commission Logo

Header Image

follow us : ‌ icon Twitter <https://twitter.com/EUScienceInnov> ‌ icon
Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/EUScienceInnov/> ‌ icon Youtube
<https://www.youtube.com/EUScienceInnovation> ‌ icon RSS
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/index.cfm?pg=rss&lg=en> ‌

News Alerts
European Innovation Council awards €74 million to cutting-edge
technologies for the green and digital transitions
The European Innovation Council (EIC) Pathfinder Pilot has selected 18
new projects that aim to support the EU green and digital transitions.
They are set to receive a total of €74 million following the latest
round of applications for funding. The successful projects were selected
from the 236 submissions, with the highest number of selected applicants
coming from Spain, United Kingdom, Germany and Italy.

Mariya Gabriel, Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture,
Education and Youth said:

The EIC Pathfinder translates game-changing technology research projects
into innovative businesses focused on sustainability, digitalisation and
deep technology. Investments through Horizon Europe mean that we can
back many more of these yet-to-be-discovered technologies and support
visionary researchers and entrepreneurs/./

	Main URL
<https://ec.europa.eu/info/news/european-innovation-council-awards-eu74-million-cutting-edge-technologies-green-and-digital-transitions-2020-dec-10_en&pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>

SeeAlso

	See also
	European Innovation Council
<https://ec.europa.eu/research/eic/index.cfm?pk_campaign=rtd_news>

Success stories
How our brains share emotions, such as intense fear

Although being stuck in a brain scanner while being exposed to a horror
film may not be everyone's idea of fun, monitoring volunteers' grey
cells throughout this process can tell scientists a lot. EU-funded
research using this and other memorable techniques has generated new
knowledge on the way we process and transmit social information.

Photo

	Main URL
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/infocentre/article_en.cfm?id=/research/headlines/news/article_20_12_09_en.html?infocentre&item=Infocentre&artid=53825&pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>

SeeAlso

	See also
	More Success stories
<https://ec.europa.eu/research/infocentre/index_en.cfm?pk_campaign=whatsnew_newsletter>

Horizon magazine
Q&A: Why some people’s wellbeing has improved during the pandemic

As the social isolation compelled by the pandemic swept many of us into
a flurry of panic, grief and mental funk, a section of people actually
reported improved levels of wellbeing, found biological psychologist
Meike Bartels, a professor of genetics and wellbeing at VU Amsterdam,
the Netherlands. .

Photo

	Main URL
<https://horizon-magazine.eu/article/qa-why-some-people-s-wellbeing-has-improved-during-pandemic.html>

SeeAlso

	See also
	Horizon magazine <https://horizon-magazine.eu/>

The European Commission is committed to personal data protection. Any
personal data is processed in line with the Regulation (EU) 2018/1725
<https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32018R1725&from=EN>.
Please read the privacy statement
<http://ec.europa.eu/research/pdf/ssps_communication_19022019.pdf>.