SISSA/IGAP algebraic geometry seminars

Alessandro Nobile anobile at sissa.it
Fri Dec 4 08:56:23 CET 2020

Dear all,
    this is to announce the next SISSA/IGAP algebraic geometry seminar,
centered on Calabi-Yau manifolds.

In order to clarify some basic aspects of the topic, we will follow  the
second chapter of the book (Calabi-Yau Manifolds and Related  Geometries
by M. Gross, D. Huybrechts, D. Joyce), written by Mark  Gross.
Our goal is to understand the classic example of the mirror quintic.

SPEAKER:    Solomiya MIZYUK

TITLE:      The Structure of the Kähler Cone & examples of Calabi-Yau
manifolds

WHEN:       Thursday, December 10 at 4.30pm (Rome)

WHERE:      Link Zoom:
https://sissa-it.zoom.us/j/83588633620?pwd=YUFXeC90TTZJc0ZONUZxWHZqdkhsQT09
            ID riunione:  835 8863 3620
            Passcode:     818352

ABSTRACT:   TBA

Everybody interested is warmly welcomed to attend.

Best regards,
Andrea, Alessandro and Michele