ICTP MATH ASSOCIATES SEMINAR (ZOOM) - Thursday 6 August, at 14:00 - Ariel Martin Pacetti (Cordoba/CONICET)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon Aug 3 12:05:52 CEST 2020

ICTP MATH ASSOCIATES SEMINAR

Starts 6 Aug 2020 14:00
Ends 6 Aug 2020 15:00
Central European Time
Zoom Meeting

Please register in advance for this meeting:
https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwrcu6hrjwvGd3rxgA4UpjhJI5Cpd8v-XZs
After registration, you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the meeting.

Speaker: Ariel Martin Pacetti (Cordoba/CONICET)
https://www.famaf.unc.edu.ar/~apacetti/

Title: Modularity of some geometric objects: definitions, reasons and
state of the art

Abstract: In this talk we will recall the definition of the zeta
function and the L-function of some geometric objects (with special
emphasis on plane projective curves). We will state their expected
properties and their conjectural relation with some analytic functions.
At last, we will explain the third central object (namely Galois
representations) and the role it plays in the previous correspondence.