Reminder: Mathematics Seminar at ICTP - TODAY 10 July at 15:00 (Muhammad Ali KHAN)

Math Section math at ictp.it
Wed Jul 10 12:28:57 CEST 2019

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2019

Wednesday, 10 July at 15:00

VENUE: *Luigi Stasi Seminar Room* (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building)

Muhammad Ali KHAN (Centre of Mathematics, University of Porto)

Title:Statistical (In)Stability in Chaotic Attractors

Abstract:

We will describe some classical results in ergodic theory motivating the
concepts of physical measures and statistical stability for dynamical
systems. We will discuss the existence of physical measures for certain
families of dynamical systems including the well-known families of
geometric and contracting Lorenz flows and the corresponding one
dimensional maps. As an ultimate goal of this talk, we will present the
results concluding statistical stability and instability for geometric
and contracting Lorenz flows, respectively.

http://indico.ictp.it/event/9004/

--
Monica Petronela Ancuta
for Ms Mabilo
math at ictp.it

Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics
Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste
Italy

Tel.: +39 040 2240 318