Mathematics Seminar at ICTP - Tuesday 2 July at 16:00 (Polona DURCIK)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon Jul 1 11:14:05 CEST 2019

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2019

Tuesday 2 July, at 16:00 hrs.

Polona Durcik (Caltech)

Title: Singular Brascamp-Lieb inequalities

Abstract: Brascamp-Lieb inequalities are estimates for certain
multilinear forms on functions on Euclidean spaces. They generalize
several classical inequalities, such as Holder's inequality or Young's
convolution inequality. In this talk we consider singular Brascamp-Lieb
inequalities, which arise when one of the functions in the Brascamp-Lieb
inequality is replaced by a singular integral kernel. We survey some
results in the area. Based on joint works with Christoph Thiele.

VENUE:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)
--

Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela