ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Wednesday 30 January, at 14:30 (Carlos PEREZ)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Fri Jan 25 10:26:59 CET 2019

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2019

Wednesday 30 January, at 14:30 hrs.

Carlos Pérez (University of the Basque Country and BCAM - Spain)

Title: Maximal function on Lorentz spaces with weights: new results, and
open problems

Abstract: The Hardy-Littlewood maximal function is a basic operator in
Analysis. We propose to discuss some of the reasons why this operator
plays a central role in the area. Then we will concentrate on some of
the classical results making special emphasis in the behavior of this
operator in the context of Lp spaces with weights. Then we will explain
some more recent results focusing in the context of Lorentz spaces which
are very useful extensions of the Lebesgue spaces. We have obtained some
new results for these spaces but we don't know if they are optimal. In
the last part of the lecture we will discuss a very interesting variant
of the Hardy-Littlewood maximal function which is more singular called
the strong maximal function. We will discuss briefly some classical
results and we will mention some recent results which, again, we don't
know if the are optimal.

VENUE:  Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first floor)

Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group
Leonardo Da Vinci Building
Strada Costiera no. 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Tel. no.: +39-040-2240455

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela