ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Tuesday, 23 April, at 16:00 (Anton MELLIT)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Wed Apr 10 15:13:54 CEST 2019

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2019

Tuesday 23 April, at 16:00 hrs.

Anton Mellit (University of Vienna)

Title: Five-term relations

Abstract: I will review how the five term relation for the
Fadeev-Kashaev's quantum dilogarithm arises in the Hall algebra context,
and sketch a simple proof. Then I will explain how this proof can be
transported to the elliptic Hall algebra situation, where the five term
relation implies identities between Macdonald polynomials conjectured by
Bergeron and Haiman. This is a joint work with Adriano Garsia.

Venue: Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela