Geometry and Physics seminar @ IGAP - Andrea Ricolfi

Ugo Bruzzo bruzzo at sissa.it
Thu Apr 4 15:58:20 CEST 2019

=====================================
GEOMETRY AND PHYSICS SEMINAR @ IGAP
=====================================

When: Thursday, April 11th at 11:30 am

Where: Institute for Geometry and Physics - IGAP (Via Beirut, Miramare)

Speaker: Andrea Ricolfi (SISSA)

Title:  Enumerative Geometry of Quot schemes on 3-folds

Abstract:
We discuss the existence of a virtual fundamental class on Quot schemes
of locally free sheaves on complex 3-folds. We compute Behrend’s virtual Euler characteristic of these Quot schemes,
which in some cases gives rise to new examples of (higher rank) Donaldson-Thomas invariants.
If time permits, we will sketch the parallel theory of motivic invariants.