ICTP SEMINAR - Thursday 6 December, at 14:30 - Johan Commelin (University of Freiburg)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Thu Nov 29 09:55:53 CET 2018

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2018

Thursday 6 December, at 14:30 hrs.

Johan Commelin (University of Freiburg)

Title: On the cohomology of smooth projective surfaces with p_g  = q = 2
and maximal Albanese dimension

Abstract:

In this talk I will report on a joint project with Matteo Penegini
(Genova). The second cohomology of a surface S as mentioned in the title
splits up as a sum of two pieces. One piece comes from the Albanese
variety. The other piece looks like the cohomology of a K3 surface,
which we call a K3 partner X of S.If the surface S is a product-quotient
then we can geometrically construct the K3 partner X and an algebraic
correspondence that relates the cohomology of S and X. Finally, we prove
the Tate and Mumford-Tate conjectures for all surfaces S that lie in the
same connected component of the Gieseker moduli space as a
product-quotient surface.

VENUE: Stasi Seminar Room(ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first floor)

--

Monica Petronela Ancuta
for Ms Mabilo
math at ictp.it

Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics
Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste
Italy

Tel.: +39 040 2240 318