Seminar of Gilberto Bini at DMG, University of Trieste

Emilia Mezzetti mezzette at units.it
Mon Nov 12 17:10:04 CET 2018

*Seminar announcement *
University of Trieste

Wednesday 21 November 2018, at 2:30 p.m.

*Gilberto Bini (Università di Milano) *

will speak on
*
*

*A Brief Introduction to Persistent Homology*

Abstract: Persistent Homology is an algebraic tool for measuring
topological features of geometric shapes and graphs in function theory.
In this talk, we will review some basic principles of this theory, as it
was introduced by Herbert Edelsbrunner (IST, Vienna) and John Harer
(Duke, Durham) at the beginning of the ‘90s. Moreover, we will mention
some applications of Persistent Homology to Topological Data Analysis,
such as Computer Vision and Biology.

VENUE: Seminar room DMG, Sezione di Matematica e Informatica, H2
building, Via A. Valerio 12/1, 3rd floor, room 334
EVERYBODY INTERESTED IS MUCH WELCOME TO ATTEND

--
Prof.ssa Emilia Mezzetti
Dipartimento di Matematica e Geoscienze

Stanza 227, II piano