Seminar @ DF-TS - Fri May 25th 2:30 pm - S. Chakraborty

Rosita Glavina - Dip. Fisica UniTS Rosita.Glavina at ts.infn.it
Mon May 21 15:25:39 CEST 2018

We are pleased to announce the seminar @ DF-Theory Section UniTs:

Sagnik Chakraborty
Optics and Quantum Information Group, The Institute of Mathematical
Sciences, C.I.T. Campus, Taramani, Chennai, India

"Towards a unified description of markovianity and its applications"

Friday, May 25th 2018 - 2:30 pm
Room 204, Leonardo Building, Strada Costiera, 11

ABSTRACT
We present a general framework for the information backflow (IB)
approach of Markovianity
that not only includes a large number, if not all, of IB prescriptions
proposed so far
but also is equivalent to completely positive divisibility for
invertible evolutions.
Following the common approach of IB, where monotonic decay of some physical
property or some information quantifier is seen as the definition of
Markovianity,
we propose in our framework a general description of what should be called
a proper “physicality quantifier” to define Markovianity. We elucidate
different
properties of our framework and use them to argue that an infinite
family of
non-Markovianity measures can be constructed, which would capture varied
strengths of non-Markovianity in the dynamics. Moreover, we show that
generalized
trace-distance measure in two dimensions serve as a sufficient criteria
for IB
Markovianity for a number of prescriptions suggested earlier in the
literature.

The flyer can be downloaded at
https://df.units.it/sites/df.units.it/files/Locandina%20Chakraborty_1.pdf