ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Wednesday 4 July, at 16:00 hrs. (Edgar A. PIMENTEL)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Fri Jun 29 11:37:51 CEST 2018

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2018

Wednesday 4 July, at 16.00 hrs.

Edgard A. Pimentel  (PUC- Rio)

Title:
Geometric regularity for (nonlinear) PDEs

Abstract:
In this talk we examine the regularity theory of the solutions to a few
examples of (nonlinear) PDEs. Arguing through a genuinely geometrical
method, we produce regularity results in Sobolev and Hölder spaces,
including some borderline cases. Our techniques relate a problem of
interest to another one - for which a richer theory is available - by
means of a geometric structure, e.g., a path. Ideally, information is
transported along such a path, giving access to finer properties of the
original equation. Our examples include elliptic and parabolic fully
nonlinear problems, the Isaacs equation, degenerate examples and a
double divergence model. We close the talk with a discussion on open
problems and further directions of work.

VENUE:  Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first floor)