ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Thursday 5 July, at 14:30 hrs. (Hammed Praise ADEYEMO)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Fri Jun 29 09:34:57 CEST 2018

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2018

Thursday 5 July, at 14:30 hrs.

Hammed Praise Adeyemo (University of Ibadan)

Title:
Geometric Computation of Betti numbers of Springer varieties

Abstract:
There are quite a number of subvarieties which can be defined to sit
inside flag varieties. One of such is the family of Hessenberg
varieties. In this talk, I will give combinatorial and geometric
descriptions of the computation of the one of the class members of the
family known as Springer varieties and discuss the current problem at hand.

VENUE:  Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first floor)