ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Tuesday 3 July, at 16.00 hrs. (David BELTRAN)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Wed Jun 13 10:08:13 CEST 2018

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2018

Tuesday 3 July, at 16.00 hrs.

David Beltran (Basque Center for Applied Mathematics)

Title: Regularity of spherical maximal functions

Abstract:
Fractional integrals and the classical fractional maximal function are
smoothing operators, in the sense that they map Lebesgue spaces into
first order Sobolev spaces. We show that this phenomenon continues to
hold for the fractional spherical maximal function when the dimension of
the ambient space is greater than or equal to 5. A key element in the
proof is a local smoothing estimate for the wave equation.
This is joint work with Joao P. G. Ramos and Olli Saari.

VENUE:  Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first floor)