seminar announcement - remind

Fabio Perroni fperroni at units.it
Fri Feb 23 16:25:21 CET 2018

UNIVERSITA’ DEGLI STUDI DI TRIESTE
DIPARTIMENTO DI MATEMATICA E GEOSCIENZE

SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT

Monday, February 26, 2018, at 14:00.

Giorgio Scattareggia (University of Bergen) will speak on

An introduction to virtual fundamental classes

Abstract: With this talk we would like to give a quick introduction to the notion of virtual fundamental classes, as described in the paper The Intrinsic Normal Cone by Behrend and Fantechi.
The path we follow begins with the review of some basic topics in Intersection Theory, as the construction of the Chow Ring of a smooth variety and the Gysin pullback for a regular closed embedding.
That allows us to provide a specific example in which the definition of a virtual fundamental class is given in classical terms.
Then we introduce the notion of perfect obstruction theories and we use it to define virtual fundamental classes in general.
Finally we sketch the construction of a perfect obstruction theory for the moduli spaces of stable coherent systems, in order to give an example of a virtual fundamental class.

Venue: Seminar Room  (Sezione di Matematica e Informatica, H2 building, Via Valerio 12/1, 3rd floor, room 334).

Everybody interested is much welcome to attend.
Best regards,
Fabio Perroni