SP Seminar @SISSA Via Bonomea 265, Tuesday 27 February at 11 am - Viktor EISLER

CM Section cm at ictp.it
Fri Feb 23 16:48:35 CET 2018

Joint ICTP/SISSA Statistical Physics Seminar

Tuesday 27 February at 11:00 a.m.
SISSA, Via Bonomea, 265, Room 128

Speaker:
Viktor EISLER (Institute of Theoretical and Computational
Physics, TU Graz, Austria)

"Entanglement in the XXZ Chain with a Gradient"

We study the XXZ spin chain in the presence of a slowly varying magnetic
field gradient. First, it is shown that a local density approximation
perfectly
captures the ground-state magnetization profile. Furthermore, we demonstrate
how the recently introduced technique of curved-spacetime CFT yields
a very good approximation of the entanglement profile. Finally, the front
dynamics is also studied after the gradient field has been switched off.