Seminar - Prof. Ciro Ciliberto

Pietro De Poi pietro.depoi at uniud.it
Sun Feb 18 18:56:39 CET 2018

Università degli Studi di Udine

Dipartimento di Scienze Matematiche, Informatiche e Fisiche

Algebraic Geometry seminar

*
*

*Tuesday 20th February, 2018 at 16:30*

Prof. Ciro Ciliberto (Univ. Roma "Tor Vergata") will give a talk on

/Curves on general hypersurfaces in projective space/

abstract:

This talk concerns the existence of curves with low gonality on smooth
hypersurfaces $X\subset \mathbb{P}^{n+1}$.
After reviewing the basics on this topic, I will report on a recent
progress on the subject in collaboration with F. Bastianelli, F. Flamini
and P. Supino. In particular, we obtain that if $X\subset
\mathbb{P}^{n+1}$ is a very general hypersurface of degree $d\geqslant
2n+2$, the least gonality of a curve $C\subset X$ passing through a
general point of $X$ is
$\gon(C)=d-\left\lfloor\frac{\sqrt{16n+1}-1}{2}\right\rfloor$, apart
from some exceptions we list.

venue: *saletta riunioni*