ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Friday 14 December, at 14:30hrs (Hulya ARGUZ)

ICTP Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon Dec 10 17:48:47 CET 2018

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2018

Friday 14 December, at 14:30 hrs.

Hulya Arguz (Imperial College London)

Title: Tropical and log geometric techniques for open invariants in
mirror symmetry

Abstract:

We will discuss an algebro-geometric approach to the symplectic
cohomology ring, in terms of tropical geometry and punctured log
Gromov-Witten theory of Abramovich Chen-Gross-Siebert. During this talk,
we will restrict ourselves to the Tate curve, the total space of a
degeneration of elliptic curves to a nodal elliptic curve. To understand
the symplectic cohomology of the Tate curve (minus its central fiber),
we will go through the Fukaya category of the elliptic curve and
describe this category using tropical Morse trees introduced by
Abouzaid-Gross-Siebert.

VENUE: Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first floor)

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way
that respects and enhances the freedom of others. Nelson Mandela