Mathematics Seminar at ICTP - Friday 22 September, at 14:30hrs. (Wilfrid GANGBO)

Math Group math at ictp.it
Wed Sep 20 10:28:05 CEST 2017

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S 2017

Friday 22, September, at 14.30 hrs.

Wilfrid Gangbo (UCLA, USA)

Title: On intrinsic differentiability in the Wasserstein space P2(Rd)

Abstract: We elucidate the connection between different notions of
differentiability in P2(Rd): some have been introduced intrinsically by
Ambrosio–Gigli–Savaré, the other notion due to Lions, is extrinsic and
arises from the identification of P2(Rd) with the Hilbert space of
square-integrable random variables. We mention potential applications
such as uniqueness of viscosity solutions for Hamilton-Jacobi equations
in P2(Rd), the latter not known to satisfy the Radon–Nikodym property.

(This talk is based on a work in progress with A Tudorascu)

VENUE:  Euler Lecture Hall (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, terrace level)

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

Tel. no.: +39-040-2240455