Talk by F. Sala

Ugo Bruzzo bruzzo at sissa.it
Fri Jun 23 10:26:37 CEST 2017

Dr. Francesco Sala (IPMU Tokyo) will give a talk on

Topology of moduli spaces via representation theory

on Tuesday, June 27th, at 4 pm in room 133, SISSA
building A.

Abstract:

Geometric representation theory plays a preeminent role in the interactions between algebraic geometry, representation theory and mathematical physics. In the present talk, I will discuss one of the instances of such interactions, precisely how to describe the cohomology of moduli spaces of (semistable, framed, etc) sheaves on surfaces by using representation theory. In the second part of the talk, I will present an ongoing work with Olivier Schiffmann, where the "direction of the interaction" is reversed: we use moduli of sheaves on surfaces to define new algebras.

U. Bruzzo