ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Tuesday 27 June, starting at 11:30 - Stasi seminar room

Math Group math at ictp.it
Thu Jun 22 17:35:00 CEST 2017

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S 2017

Tuesday, 27 June, starting at 11:30 hrs.

Venue: ICTP Stasi seminar room

11:30 - 12:15 - Tarakanta Nayak (IIT Bhubaneswar)

Completely invariant domains

Given a meromorphic function from the Riemann sphere to itself, a domain
is called completely invariant if its image and the pre-image under the
function are contained in itself. The talk deals with completely
invariant domains and its implications in complex dynamics. It is
conjectured that the number of completely invariant domains for every
meromorphic function is at most two. The status of this conjecture and
some related work are to be presented.

14:00 - 14:45 - Sergey Kryzhevich (University of Nova Gorica)

Partial Hyperbolicity and Central Shadowing

This is a joint work with Sergey Tikhomirov. We consider partially
hyperbolic diffeomorphisms of compact manifolds. Suppose that the
so-called dynamical coherence condition is satisfied: central stable and
central unstable bundles are uniquely integrable. We demonstrate that
the considered dynamical system has the central shadowing property: for
any pseudotrajectory there exists a close one where all errors are small
shifts along the central foliation.  Also, some corollaries to the
theory to Dynamical Systems and Geometry and farther development of the
approach will be discussed.

15:00 - 15:45 - Carlos H. Vasquez (PUC, Valparaiso)

Differentiability of Lyapunov Exponents

In this work, we consider a C^∞- one parameter family of C^r, r≥1,
diffeomorphisms f_t,t∈I, defined on a compact orientable Riemannian
manifold M. If the family admits a continuous 〖Df〗_t-invariant subbundle
E(t,⋅) and an invariant probability measure μ for every t∈I, then the
integrated Lyapunov exponent λ(t) of f_t over E(t) is well defined. We
discuss about conditions for the differentiability of λ(t)  in t=0.

This a work in progress joint with Radu Saghin and Pancho
Valenzuela-Henríquez.

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group