Fwd: SP Seminar 20.06 at SISSA: A. LeClair

Condensed Matter Section cm at ictp.it
Mon Jun 19 14:28:56 CEST 2017

Joint ICTP/SISSA Statistical Physics Seminar

Tuesday, 20 June at 11:00 a.m.
SISSA Via Bonomea, room 128

Speaker: A. Leclair (Cornell) Title: New strategies towards proving the
Riemann Hypothesis. Abstract: I will review two new strategies towards
resolving the Riemann Hypothesis. One is based on an exact equation
satisfied by individual zeros, whose solution is well approximated by
the Lambert W function. The second uses an analogy with random walks to
argue that the Euler product formula is valid to the right of the
critical line. We use these ideas to calculate the google-th zero.