ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Thursday 16, February, at 14:00 - Luigi Stasi seminar room

Math Group math at ictp.it
Fri Feb 10 14:03:44 CET 2017

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S 2017

Thursday 16, February, at 14.00 hrs.

Walid Gomaa (Egypt-Japan University, Alexandria)

Title: Computable Analysis as a Framework for Computability over
Continuous Domains

Abstract:
Nowadays the computing technology is integrated in all aspects of daily
and professional lives. Such integration creates what is called
cyber-physical systems (or, preferred by communication engineers, the
Internet of Things). Such systems combine both physical components which
are modeled by continuous paradigms such as differential equations and
computing elements which are inherently discrete. This
continuous/discrete combination creates tremendous challenges, both from
the theoretical as well as practical applicability. In this talk we give
an introduction to a part of computability theory, called computable
analysis, which has been developed to address issues of computability
over continuous domains. We show one application of such approach in the
complexity-theoretic analysis of the reachability problem in dynamical
systems.

VENUE:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group