Mathematics Seminar (Gabriele Di Cerbo) - Today, Wednesday 2 August, at 14:00 - SISSA, Room A-136

Math Group math at ictp.it
Wed Aug 2 09:21:10 CEST 2017

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S 2017

Wednesday 2 August, at 14:00 hrs.

Gabriele Di Cerbo (Princeton University)

VENUE: Sissa A-136

Abstract:

I will discuss new results towards the birational boundedness of
Calabi-Yau pairs. Recent work in the minimal model program suggests that
pairs with trivial log canonical class should satisfy some boundedness
properties. I will show that 4-dimensional Calabi-Yau pairs which are not
birational to a product are indeed log birationally bounded. This implies
birational boundedness of elliptically fibered Calabi-Yau manifolds with a
section, in dimension up to 5. This is joint work with Roberto Svaldi.

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group

Tel. no.: +39-040-2240455