Geometry seminar, tomorrow 2pm

Roberto Svaldi rsvaldi at sissa.it
Tue Aug 1 13:51:18 CEST 2017

Dear all,

We will have a special edition of the Geometry Seminar tomorrow,
Wednesday 2/8 at 2pm in room 136.

Speaker: Gabriele Di Cerbo (Princeton University)

Title:Log birational boundedness of Calabi-Yau pairs

Abstract: I will discuss new results towards the birational boundedness
of Calabi-Yau pairs. Recent work in the minimal model program suggests
that pairs with trivial log canonical class should satisfy some
boundedness properties. I will show that 4-dimensional Calabi-Yau pairs
which are not birational to a product are indeed log birationally
bounded. This implies birational boundedness of elliptically fibered
Calabi-Yau manifolds with a section, in dimension up to 5. This is joint
work with Roberto Svaldi.

Apologies for the last minute notice.

Best,
Roberto Svaldi