ICTP Mathematics Seminar, Thursday 27 October at 17:00

Math Section math at ictp.it
Fri Oct 21 09:59:13 CEST 2016

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2016

Thursday, 27 October at 17:00 hrs.

Anthony Blanc (Max Planck Institute for Mathematics, Bonn)

Title:
Derived deformation theory of noncommutative spaces

Abstract:
One of the powerful feature of derived algebraic geometry is to
enlighten deformation theory. We will explain this point of view from
scratch, and review the main results of derived deformation theory by
Lurie. In a second part, I'll explain how this can be applied to the
deformation theory of noncommutative spaces in the sense of Kontsevitch,
i.e. differential graded categories. In general this theory is badly
behaved, but under some finiteness condition on the category (in
particular it has a compact generator), we prove together with Katzarkov
and Pandit that every formal deformation still has a compact generator.

VENUE:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)