CMSP Seminar @ICTP Tuesday 5 October at 11:00 a.m. - L.Stasi Seminar Room - M. FEIGELMAN

Condensed Matter Section cm at ictp.it
Mon Oct 3 15:49:27 CEST 2016

Condensed Matter & Statistical Physics Seminar

KINDLY TAKE NOTE CHANGE OF DAY - NOW Wednesday 5 October at 11:00

Wednesday 5 October at 11.00 a.m.
Luigi Stasi Seminar Room, first floor, ICTP Leonardo Building

Mikhail FEIGEL'MAN
Landau Institute for Theoretical Physics and International
Laboratory for Theoretical Physics, Moscow, Russian Federation

'Spin Correlation Functions and Quasiparticle Decay'

Abstract:
We study one-dimensional anisotropic XXZ spin-1/2 model with
ferromagnetic sign of the coupling and z - z exchange constant
Jz < Jxy.
We calculate damping of low-energy excitations with low energies
due to their scattering from thermal excitation bath with temperature
w<< T, taking into account nonzero curvature of the excitation
spectrum. We calculate longitudinal spin-spin correlation function and
find the shape of the spreading "wave packet".