ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Friday, 11 November at 17:00

Math Section math at ictp.it
Wed Nov 9 10:19:48 CET 2016

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2016

Friday, 11 November, at 17.00 hrs.

Vasily Golyshev (IITP Moscow)

Title:
On character surfaces

Abstract:
The talk will be a medley of successive minima, D2 equations, Fricke
identities and the Markov surface, Beilinson's exceptional collections
and derived autoequivalences, Mazur's analogy and 3-dimn'l TQFT, a
topological metaphor for the Riemann Hypothesis - Ramanujan Conjecture
link, a non-abelian Abel's theorem.

VENUE:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)