ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Wednesday, 16 November at 15:00

Math Section math at ictp.it
Mon Nov 7 15:13:29 CET 2016

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S  2016

Wednesday, 16 November, at 15.00 hrs.

Emanuel Carneiro (IMPA)

Title:
Regularity of maximal operators

Abstract:
This talk will be a brief survey of recent results on the regularity of
maximal operators acting on Sobolev and BV functions. Most of such
problems can be posed either in a continuous or in a discrete setting.
We will present some results for the classical Hardy-Littlewood maximal
operator, for operators of convolution type (associated to elliptic and
parabolic PDE’s) and also for fractional maximal operators.
The talk will be accessible to a broad audience.

VENUE:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room(ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)