[math-users] SISSA GEOMETRY SEMINARS

Ugo Bruzzo bruzzo at sissa.it
Mon May 23 10:56:17 CEST 2016

==========================
SISSA GEOMETRY SEMINARS
==========================

Prof. Marcos Jardim (Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Brazil) will
give a talk on

The geography of the moduli space of rank 2 sheaves on the projective
space

on Tuesday, May 24th, at 4 pm in Room 136, SISSA building A.

Abstract: I will describe a new class of irreducible components of the
Gieseker-Maruyama moduli space of semistable rank 2 sheaves with Chern
classes (0,n,0) on projective space, found in joint work with Markushevich
and Tikhomirov. Next, I will explain how these components intersect the
known components of the moduli space of stable rank 2 locally free
sheaves, focusing on the cases n=3,4,5.

U. bruzzo