Integrable Systems Seminar on July 21, 2016

Boris Dubrovin dubrovin at sissa.it
Tue Jul 19 16:43:49 CEST 2016

Dear All,

A meeting of Integrable Systems Seminar will take place

on Thursday, July 21 at 14:30, room 136 of SISSA Main Building

Speaker: P.G.Grinevich (Landau Institute for Theoretical Physics)

Title: Totally positive Grassmannians and rational M-curves

Abstract: We establish connections between two objects, naturally arising in the theory of the Kadomtsev-Petviashvily equation: totally positive
Grassmannians and rational degenerations of the M-curves (Riemann surfaces with an anitiholomorphic involution and the maximal possible number of real ovals) with a collection of marked points. More precisely, we show that, at least all points from the principal cell of the Grassmannian can be obtained from degenerate M-curves. The talk is based on a joint work with S.Abenda.

Boris Dubrovin