ICTP Mathematics Seminar, Thursday, 4 August, at 14:30 (Reminder)

Math Group math at ictp.it
Thu Aug 4 09:47:24 CEST 2016

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2016

Thursday, 4 August, at 14:30 hrs.

Pablo Carrasco (ICMC - Universidade de São Paulo)

Title: Geometric constructions of Equilibrium States

Abstract:
In this talk I'll show a completely different construction of
equilibrium states associated to Hölder potentials for hyperbolic
systems, and indicate the necessary modifications to deal with certain
partially hyperbolic cases. The key point for this extension is avoiding
altoghether the use of symbolic dynamics and the Perron-Frobenious
method. Time permiting I'll discuss applications.

This is a joint project with F. Rodriguez-Hertz (PSU).

Venue:  Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)

--
Koutou Mabilo
ICTP Mathematics Group