Special CMSP Seminar TUESDAY 5 April at ICTP - 11.30 a.m. - Stefano CHESI - venue Stasi Seminar Room

Condensed Matter Section cm at ictp.it
Mon Apr 4 16:37:16 CEST 2016

Special Seminar in Condensed Matter Physics and
Statistical Physics

TUESDAY 5 APRIL at 11:30 a.m.
Luigi Stasi Seminar Room, ICTP Leonardo building

STEFANO CHESI (CSRC, Beijing, People's Republic of China)

"Dephasing Due to Nuclear Dpins in Large-Amplitude Electric Dipole Spin
Resonance"

Abstract:
We have analyzed effects of the hyperfine interaction on electric dipole
spin resonance (EDSR) when the amplitude of the quantum-dot motion
becomes comparable or larger than the quantum dot's size. Away from the
well-known small-drive regime, the important role played by transverse
nuclear fluctuations leads to a gaussian decay of spin coherence with
characteristic dependence on drive strength and detuning. A
characterization of spin-flip gate fidelity, in the presence of such
additional drive-dependent dephasing, shows that vanishingly small
errors can still be achieved at sufficiently large amplitudes. Based on
our theory, we analyze recent EDSR experiments relying on spin-orbit
interactions or the slanting field of a micromagnet. We find that such
experiments are already in a regime with significant effects of
transverse nuclear fluctuations and the form of decay of the Rabi
oscillations can be reproduced well by our theory. We will also briefly
discuss other aspects of our research on single and double quantum dots,
regarding the controlled generation of Dicke states in the nuclear spin
bath and fast electron spin manipulation.