dr. van den Dungen's seminar at SISSA

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Wed Oct 21 08:29:47 CEST 2015

SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT

Koen van den Dungen
(SISSA)

"Krein spectral triples and the fermionic action"

Abstract:
Motivated by the space of spinors on a Lorentzian manifold, I will define
Krein spectral triples, which generalise spectral triples from Hilbert
spaces to Krein spaces. I will show that this Krein space approach allows
for an improved formulation of the fermionic action for almost-commutative
manifolds, which is used to derive the Lagrangian for
noncommutative-geometric descriptions of particle physics models.
This talk is based on arXiv:1505.01939.

SISSA, room 136
Friday 23.10.2015, 11:30