Pietro Baldi's seminar at SISSA

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Mon Oct 19 17:03:46 CEST 2015

SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT

*Title:* Exact controllability for quasi-linear perturbations of KdV

Pietro Baldi, Università di Napoli Federico II,

SISSA, Wednesday 4 November, 14.30, room 133

*Abstract:*  We prove that the KdV equation on the circle remains
exactly controllable in arbitrary time with localized control, for
sufficiently small data, also in presence of quasi-linear perturbations,
namely nonlinearities containing up to three space derivatives, having a
Hamiltonian structure at the highest orders.   We use a procedure of
reduction to constant coefficients up to order  zero, classical Ingham
inequality and HUM method to prove the controllability of the linearized
operator. Then a fine version of the Nash-Moser implicit function
theorem due to Hormander can be  applied as a "black box". Joint work
with E. Haus and G. Floridia.