seminar announcement

fperroni at units.it fperroni at units.it
Mon Nov 16 17:15:34 CET 2015

UNIVERSITA' DI TRIESTE
DIPARTIMENTO DI MATEMATICA E GEOSCIENZE

SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT

Wednesday, November 18 2015 at 4.00 p.m.

Alessandro Logar (University of Trieste)

will speak on the following topic.

I would like to talk about two different subjects: in the first part
of the talk I would like to briefly introduce Border Bases for polynomial
ideals (Border bases are a generalization of Groebner bases, usually
given for zero-dimensional ideals) and to show how to construct all
the Border Bases for binomial ideals. Moreover, the construction obtained,
can be generalized to non-zero-dimensional binomial ideals.
In the last part of the talk, I will present some (so far, very partial)
results regarding the study of the orbits of a class of singular quartic
surfaces under the action of the projective linear group.

Venue: Seminar Room  (Sezione di Matematica e Informatica, H2
building, Via Valerio 12/1, 3rd floor, room 334).

Everybody interested is much welcome to attend.

Best regards,

Fabio Perroni