seminar announcement

Emilia Mezzetti mezzette at units.it
Thu Nov 12 10:34:07 CET 2015

UNIVERSITA' DI TRIESTE
DIPARTIMENTO DI MATEMATICA E GEOSCIENZE

SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT

Friday, November 13 2015 at 2.00 p.m.

Andrea Pustetto (University of Trieste)

will speak on
"Decorated Vector Bundles and Tensors".

Abstract: The moduli space for vector bundles, principal bundles and
many others could be obtained as closed subset of the moduli space of
tensors. After introducing these objects and their notion of
semistability, I will make some examples and explain why principal
bundles and Higgs bundles could be regarded as tensors. Then, I will
briefly talk about the main known results concerning these objects.
Finally, I will recall the notion of Harder-Narasimhan filtration for
vector bundles, talk about the problems which occurs if one tries to
generalize this notion in the case of tensors and explain some
possible approaches to the problem.

Venue: Seminar Room  (Sezione di Matematica e Informatica, H2
building, Via Valerio 12/1, 3rd floor, room 334)
Everybody interested is much welcome to attend.

--
Prof. Emilia Mezzetti

Dipartimento di Matematica e Geoscienze
Sezione di Matematica e Informatica
Universita' di Trieste
Via Valerio 12/1
34127 Trieste, Italia

Stanza 227, II piano
e-mail: mezzette at units.it
tel. studio (+39) 040 558 2650
skype: emiliamezzetti
tel. Segreteria Dip.: (+39) 040 558 2635
fax: (+39) 040 558 2636
http://www.dmi.units.it/~mezzette/