A. Medvedev's seminar at SISSA

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Thu Nov 5 12:48:29 CET 2015

SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT

A. Medvedev (SISSA)

Title: On classification of left-invariant sub-Riemannian structures
over (2,3,4)-distribution.

Abstract: We obtain the full classification of left-invariant
sub-Riemannian structures on Engel distribution. The rigidity of the
sub-Riemannian structure in this particular case allows us to construct
the unique up to an action of a finite group canonical frame. Then using
elementary deformation theory we obtain fundamental system of invariants
from the structure constants of the canonical frame. This essentially
leads to the full classification of left-invariant sub-Riemannian
structures over Engel distribution.

Venue: Wednesday 11 November at 2 pm in lecture room 133