Mathematical Aperitif, today 20 May, at 16:00

Math Group math at ictp.it
Wed May 20 11:10:54 CEST 2015

Dear all,

we're planning to have a very informal meeting now and then with
the name "Mathematical Aperitif". The idea is that we meet and discuss
some mathematical theme, chosen in advance, together with a drink.
No talks as such are announced, but anyone who has something
nice to tell (a theorem of his or her own, something they've heard about,
or a question they would like to ask the others) can speak about it
for 5-10 minutes. We'll always choose a theme where we know that
at least one person has something to say and that doesn't require
any specialized knowledge.

The first meeting will be today (tomorrow for those who read this
today), Wednesday May 20th, at 4 pm on the terrace of the Leonardo
Building, in front of the cafeteria (if this doesn't work for some reasons
we'll have a backup room), and the theme will be

"Symmetric functions"

Each of the three of us will have something to say, and anybody
else is welcome to tell or ask anything that fits the theme. Also please
think of nice topics for possible future meetings.

See you tomorrow!

Anton, Don, Fernando