ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Wednesday, 27 May at 16:30

Margherita Di Giovannantonio mdgiovan at ictp.it
Tue May 19 12:16:04 CEST 2015

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2015

Wednesday, 27 May, at 16:30 hrs.

Vittoria Bussi (ICTP)

Title: Derived symplectic structures in Donaldson-Thomas theory and
categorification

Abstract: We will speak about Donaldson-Thomas theory as a motivating
example to introduce the theory of derived symplectic structures by
Pantev, Toen, Vaquie and Vezzosi and the theory of derived critical loci
by Joyce. We will then use these theories to prove a Darboux theorem for
symplectic derived schemes and to construct on them perverse sheaves
which are central in the problem of categorification.
This is a joint work with Ben-Bassat, Brav, Dupont, Joyce, Meinhardt and
Szendroi.

Venue:  Lecture Hall D (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, Terrace Level,
Diploma area)