Quantum Seminars @ DF-TS - Monday March 2 and 9 - 4.30 pm - E. Milotti - Quantum ghosts and optical resonators

Rosita Glavina - Dip. Fisica, UniTS rosita.glavina at ts.infn.it
Mon Feb 23 11:37:26 CET 2015

  We are pleased to announce the following Quantum Seminars series:

  Venue: ICTP Stasi Seminar Room.

  Title: Quantum ghosts and optical resonators

  Edoardo Milotti - Physics Dept. University of Trieste

  Monday, March 2 - 4.30 pm
  Quantum ghosts and optical resonators (I)

  Axions and other exotic particles which couple to photons have an
uncanny
  quantum behaviour in optical resonators that can be utilized in
experimental
  searches. In this talk I’ll give a broad review of the status of these
searches
  in PVLAS and other experiments.

  Monday, March 9 - 4.30 pm
  Quantum ghosts and optical resonators (II)

  In this second talk I’ll give a detailed review of the quantum
mechanics and
  mathematics of Axion propagation in Fabry-Perot resonators like those
used
  in the highly sensitive ellipsometer of the PVLAS experiment.