ICTP Mathematics Seminar - Tuesday 17 February, at 14:30

Math Group math at ictp.it
Mon Feb 16 14:07:22 CET 2015

M A T H E M A T I C S   S E M I N A R S   2015

Tuesday, 17 February, at 14:30 hrs.

Leandro Vendramin
(Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Title: Set-theoretic solutions of the Yang-Baxter equation

Abstract:
The Yang--Baxter equation is one of the basic equations in
mathematical-physics. For that reason, Drinfeld posed the question of
finding set-theoretic (or combinatorial) solutions. In this talk we will
give an overview of the theory and we will show how to produce new
solutions by means of extensions.

Venue: Luigi Stasi Seminar Room (ICTP Leonardo da Vinci Building, first
floor)