Riccardo Scala's seminar at SISSA

Emanuele Tuillier Illingworth tuillier at sissa.it
Mon Feb 16 10:39:22 CET 2015

SEMINAR ANNOUNCEMENT

SPEAKER: Riccardo Scala, Università di Pavia

TITLE: A closeness result for the class of deformations in the presence
of dislocations.

ABSTRACT: We consider the energy of a single crystal with dislocations,
and want to minimize it among a suitably large class of deformations and
dislocations satisfying some boundary condition. Assuming the energy
depending on the crystal deformation via a polyconvex function and on
the dislocations density with some coerciveness conditions, we prove a
closeness and compactness result for a big class of competitors, by
studying the graphs of the deformations seen as 3-currents in Omega X R^3.

VENUE: SISSA, room 005, Thursday 26 February at 11:00